QuickBooks comes with a wide variety of features that can be customized to meet the specific requirements of your company and help simplify your work. Nevertheless, there is always the possibility of bugs and errors occurring while utilizing the program. One of which is the QuickBooks Error 106, that occurs when you are unable to locate the account on the website of the financial institution that you are using online. It notifies you that the account has been closed and that you are unable to gain access to it any longer.
In this blog post, we have outlined the causes of "Error 106" as well as other potential solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 106. Dive in to know more.
What exactly is Error 106 in QuickBooks
Users who try to log in to the online banking website of their financial institution but are unable to locate their account receive the QuickBooks Online Banking Error 106. This takes place in the event that the account is closed by the financial institution. In addition, you are unable to carry out any financial transactions using the internet banking system.
Possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error 106
You can fix the QuickBooks error 106 in a number of different ways; however, some of the most important methods are described below that will assist you in fixing the issue quickly and easily:
Method 1: Sign into your checking account online
· Proceed at this point to the Customer Service tab.
· At that location, select Service Center from the menu, and then select My Information from the drop-down menu that appears.
· Select the box that says Allow Access to Financial Management Tools.
· After activating the settings, check to see if the "Online Error 106" problem still persists.
Method 2: Select Banking option
· Find the account that you no longer want and click the Delete button next to it.
· After that, select the bank you want to edit by clicking the pencil icon that is located next to the name of the bank.
· Now, select the Edit Account Info option from the menu.
· Put a checkmark in the box next to the Save possibility Disconnect this account field.
· In the end, select the Save option.
Method 3: Choose the Chart of Accountants
· Now, navigate to the account that you want to be deleted so that you can do so.
· After that, go to the Action Column, select the arrow that points downwards, and then click on the Delete button.
· When everything is said and done, the QuickBooks Online account will most likely be deactivated and will no longer appear in the Chart of Accountants.
Method 4: Select the "Add Account" button
· Next, you will need to type in the name of the bank and then select the Find button.
· If you are searching for a global financial institution, make sure to select ON in the field labeled Search international banks.
· Simply navigate to the hyperlink that corresponds to your account. For example, personal, business, credit, and savings cards, along with a plethora of other options.)
· After entering your login information, make sure to click the Login button.
If it has been requested of you that you provide additional information, and then follow these steps:
· Mark the checkbox that is located following the account.
· Now, select from the sub -menu that appears after clicking the drop-down arrow next to the QuickBooks Account.
· After selecting the QuickBooks Account, click the Add New button to continue.
Make an account for yourself if you don't already have one, create by following these steps:
· To begin, you will need to click on Connect, which could take some time depending on how busy the server is.
· To select, click the option. That's it.
· After it has been carried out, you should select the For Review tab to put the pieces you downloaded through their paces.
This error can be triggered by a wide variety of different factors, all of which are important for you to be aware of. Because of this blog, you will have a better chance of fixing the QuickBooks error code 106 in a timely manner. For further assistance you can contact our QuickBooks online error support expert team on our helpline number i.e., 1-800-761-1787 where our expert service executives will assist you further.