Error OLSU 1022 in QuickBooks occurs when the accounting program is unable to create a bank account for synchronizing the bank feeds. This may happen if your bank-related information is not updated in FIDIR. It is strongly advised that users update their copy of QuickBooks Desktop as well as the directory of their financial institution to avert QuickBooks Error OLSU 1022.
Walkways to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop error OLSU 1022
Checkout these quick steps in order to rectify the QuickBooks error OLSU-1022:
Walkway 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
• Visit the Intuit website and choose update QuickBooks to the most recent release.
• Pick the relevant QuickBooks product.
• Next, adhere to any set of update-related instructions that appear on the screen.
• Download the update file and get it installed on the system.
• QuickBooks can also be updated within the program by heading to the Help tab and choosing the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Walkway 2: Use the Automatic Update feature in the Bank Directory
• Launch QuickBooks.
• After that, choose Bank Feeds from the Banking section.
• Click on the Bank Feeds Center.
• Select the option to Sync all for this bank.
Walkway 3: Set up the latest Bank Directory
• Advance to the Windows File Manager.
• Now, head to the following location: Drive(C)/ ProgramData/ Intuit/ QuickBooks 20XX/ Components/ OLB/ branding/ file list.
• Click on the FiDir.txt file. Right-click on it and then choose the Rename option.
• Add .old to the end of the file name.
• After that, save the document.
• Now go to the URL that corresponds to QuickBooks Desktop edition and obtain the most recent Financial Institution Directory.
• Choose all the text on the page by pressing the Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
• Hit on the Ctrl + C keys to copy the selected text.
• Return to the desktop and create a new text document.
• Within the document paste the copied content by clicking on the Ctrl + V keys.
• Now, click on the File tab and then choose Save.
• Now, right-click on this text file and click on Rename.
• Name this file as ‘’fidir."
• Paste the file into the QuickBooks "filist" folder after copying it.
• Try creating the account once more, and if the QuickBooks OLSU 1024 Error persists, head to the next solution.
Walkway 4: Repair QuickBooks
• Access the Control Panel through the Start Menu.
• In the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
• Choose QuickBooks and then click on uninstall/change tab.
• After that, hit on the Repair option.
• When the program is successfully repaired, restart it and check for the effectiveness of this method in resolving Error OLSU 1022 in QuickBooks.
The post should have fulfilled its purpose by means of assisted you in fixing QuickBooks Error OLSU-1022. Through logical technical articles and FAQs, we aim at ensuring a seamless user experience on QuickBooks. You can get in touch with our QuickBooks online error support professionals and seek live assistance by calling us at the helpline i.e, 1-800-761-1787.